Level 2: For Children 2 to 3 Years
For your toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world around him. Despite your toddler’s seeming independence, he still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, your toddler still relishes the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new.
Kindermusik's Level 2 encourages her to be creative, to initiate her own ideas and to respond in her own ways, while your active participation gives her the security she needs. As you play instruments, sing, move, and explore, you’ll uncover an engaging musical world while building your child’s confidence, self-control and communications skills.
What you’ll experience in class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead her to discover her potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Vocal play. Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Level 2, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time. Your child will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds and movements.
- Story time and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her learn to read music.
- Movement Activities. Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time. Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and toddlers 2 to 3 years old
- Weekly 45-minute class offered year-round
- Digital @Home Materials that includes music, ebook, videos, tons of great parent info and much more
- Tuition is $52 per month including Digital @Home materials each month